February 2006: One Worker Exposed To Chemical At Reading Plant Remains In A Coma

READING, Ohio (AP) - One of the workers critically hurt by fumes Wednesday is doing better at a Cincinnati hospital.

But Rohm and Haas says another employee at the chemical company's Reading plant is still in a coma. The two men were exposed to a gas that leaked in a part of the plant, and both are still listed in critical condition at University Hospital.

But a Rohm and Haas spokesman says 55-year-old Richard Clark of Aurora is awake and talking. The company says 53-year-old William Cromer of Fayetteville has not seen much improvement.

The spokesman says the two are being treated as if they were exposed to poisonous hydrogen sulfide gas, though the company doesn't know where it would have come from.

Copyright 2006 By The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.