PROPOSED CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT
(Proposed by Initiative Petition)
To adopt Section 12 of Article XV of the Constitution of the State of Ohio.
* This amendment to the Constitution would:
* Permit up to 31,500 slot machines at seven horse racing tracks and at two Cleveland non-track locations.
* Permit expanded gaming in the four Cuyahoga County locations if approved by the county's voters.
* Distribute the revenues as follows:
* 55% to the slot and casino owners and operators.
* 30% to the Board of Regents for college scholarships and grants to eligible students and administration of the program.
* The remaining revenues to be divided among local governments, race tracks for purse money, gambling addiction services, and
* The administration of the Gaming Integrity Commission comprised of five members appointed by the governor and the majority legislative leaders.
* The moneys provided by this amendment are to supplement and not supplant existing and future constitutional obligations to post-secondary education and local governments.
A majority yes vote is necessary for passage.
SHALL THE PROPOSED AMENDMENT BE ADOPTED?