Funeral plans for former president Gerald Ford have been made and FOX19.com will carry the events live.
The president's body will travel from California to Washington, D.C. and then he will be buried in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The list of events are as follows:
- Ford's casket taken to St. Margaret's Episcopal Church, Palm Desert, California.
- Private prayer service for family follows arrival of casket.
- Period of public repose from 4:20 p.m., Pacific time until early Saturday morning.
- Ford's body is flown to Washington.
- Hearse travels from Andrews Air Force Base to U-S Capitol, pausing at World War Two memorial.
- 6:30 p.m., Capitol Rotunda arrival ceremony, open to family, House and Senate members and members-elect, visiting heads of state and invited government officials.
- State funeral, 7 p.m. Eastern.
- Ford becomes 11th president to lie in state for public viewing in Rotunda, following funeral.
SUNDAY AND MONDAY
- Capitol Rotunda open to public from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern for public viewing.
- The casket is moved from the Rotunda to the U-S Senate door for period of repose, followed by a departure ceremony on Capitol steps.
- 10:30 a.m. Eastern time, funeral services at Washington National Cathedral.
- Casket leaves cathedral for trip to Grand Rapids, Mich.
- 3:30 p.m., casket arrives at presidential museum in Grand Rapids, followed by arrival ceremony for Mrs. Ford and guests.
- Ford's body lies in public repose throughout the night.
- 2 p.m. funeral services at Grace Episcopal Church in Grand Rapids.
- Ford will be interred at a hillside site north of the museum.