DONNA'S TRAINING TIPS
Some fun tips to help you with your pet!
1. Exercise your pooch! But remember exercise is NOT just physical...it's mental to-- Obedience training works wonders! Just a few minutes a day is all it takes!
2. Crate training is NOT mean or cruel to your dog but it will help you and your dog in a variety of ways!!
3. Remember... warmer weather is here so please keep your dogs cool and well hydrated!
4. Also note: be aware of walking your dogs in the hot weather... stay away from the black top! It gets extremely hot, very quickly and can seriously injure their foot pads!
5. Socialize your dog/puppy as much as possible!
6. When bringing a new cat home, just remember one very important thing...please give him/her TIME! Cats may take a long time adjusting to their new home!
7. How many cats do you have? Remember one litter box per cat!
8. Speaking of litter boxes... make sure your kitty has a free access path to the box (no big obstacles or threats)!
9. Don't forget too...use flea and tick preventative!
10. Supervise your new pet! IF you leave him/her unattended, they WILL find "something" to keep themselves busy!
Donna Krauszer has 13 years professional experience working with a wide variety of animals and settings. Her BA is in Psychology, specializing in animal behavior and she also has a minor in Oceanography.
She worked with Marine Mammals all over the US, and also was an Assistant Instructor of Dog Training at Positive Paws (Sharonville, OH) and taught at Doggy Day Care/Canine Country Club.
At the League for Animal Welfare she works with all of our cats and dogs (75-100 cats & 35-40 dogs) upon intake, while they're here, and with their adopting families once they've gone to a new home.
She uses "clicker training" with the cats and the dogs, building their confidence, helping them to become comfortably socialized and prepared for their new homes.