Bobby Cutts Jr. Arrested, Police Recover Body

UPDATE: The body of Jessie Davis was recovered from Keyser City Park in Cuyahoga Falls, near Cuyahoga Valley National Park off of Bath Road and North Hampton Road.

CANTON, Ohio (AP) - Authorities on Saturday arrested the boyfriend of a missing nine-month pregnant woman on murder charges and said they recovered a body believed to be hers.

Jessie Davis has been missing for a week from her home, where her 2-year-old son was found alone, his diaper dirty, bedroom furniture toppled and bleach spilled on the floor.

The Stark County Sheriff's Department said a body was recovered in neighboring Summit County at 3:30 p.m. Saturday. Authorities did not give a location but said they believed it to be Davis.

Davis' boyfriend, Bobby Cutts Jr., 30, is to be arraigned Monday in Canton Municipal Court on two counts of murder, including the unborn child, the sheriff's department said. Davis was due to deliver a baby girl on July 3.

Davis, 26, was reported missing June 15 after her mother, Patricia Porter, found her bedroom in disarray, the furniture overturned and her son, Blake, home alone.

Investigators said the toddler told them "Mommy was crying. Mommy broke the table. Mommy's in rug."

A bed comforter and Davis' cell phone were missing. Items from her purse were scattered on the kitchen floor of her home in nearby Lake Township.

Chief Deputy Rick Perez said the case was still being investigated. He would not comment on whether there were any other suspects.

Cutts, a Canton police officer, is the father of Davis' son, and her family says he also is the father of the unborn child. Authorities had questioned him and searched his home during the investigation.

Cutts has said he and his wife are separated and that she knew about the affair with Davis.

Cutts has been on paid administrative leave from his job.

"There is no denying that this has resulted in giving a black eye in the opinion of the local community as well as the opinion of the rest of the nation," Police Chief Dean McKimm said of the arrest of a police officer.

Rick Pitinii, Porter's attorney, said Davis' family had no comment.

"They have gone through an absolute roller coaster of emotions," he said. "I've seen them laugh, cry, be angry - everything you can imagine. ... It's tough."

"They need to be together, and they need to be alone, and they need to grieve."

Thousands of volunteers had searched for Davis over several days. Cutts joined volunteers in an earlier search.