Update: Noon, Thursday
Chief Steve Ashbrock says that five firefighters remain hospitalized with burns this afternoon. One firefighter was released from U-C just before noon. The firefighters received burns on the hands, wrists, neck and ears. Some also suffered "mask burns" on their face.
Arson Investigators and the Insurance Company will meet with firefighters to get the best estimate of the cause of the fire.
Ashbrock says that heat guns were used in the house for paint stripping and other renovation purposes. He said they may have been involved in starting the fire. Wood could have smoldered for a long period of time.
The homeowners had a smoke alarm and heat detectors which helped the escape the fire.
Update: 10:45 p.m.
Indian Hill Fire Chief Steve Ashbrock says eight firefighters were hurt, seven from a sudden flare up of the fire, and one with a shoulder injury when he was hit by a hose. All were conscious and coherent when taken to local hospitals, but some had burns that will need treatment.
The fire went for more than three hours and severely damaging if not destroying the 3 million dollar home. Owner Jim Jaeger says they were alerted to the fire when a smoke alarm started sounding.
Update: 9:30 p.m.
The fire continues to rage. The number of firefighters injured is now at least six.
According to the Hamilton County Auditor's Office, the home is owned by James Jaeger and was built in 1929. The home and the land is valued at $5.2 million.
Update: 8:30 p.m.
FOX19's Sara Gouedy is on the scene and has learned that the home is a historic house that once belonged to the Kroger family.
(INDIAN HILL, OH) -- Fire crews are on the scene of a three-alarm house fire on Cunningham Road in Indian Hill.
At least two firefighters have been injured, but the extent of their injuries is unknown. Air Care has been called to the scene.
The fire broke out around 7 p.m.