As seen on FOX19: Joe Nuxhall's body will be driven from the funeral home to Rosehill Cemetery Wednesday morning for a private burial service. The route will take them by several places that the family says encompasses Nuxhall's life in Butler County:
From Zettler Funeral Home aprox. 10:30 a.m. Wednesday:
- Head South on Pleasant Ave. into Fairfield.
- Take a right on Wessel Drive to drive past Downtown Fairfield and in particular Kroger's of which he had such wonderful memories of doing those commercials.
- From Wessel take a left at the light on Nilles
- From Nilles turn right onto River Road (Sacred Heart on the corner)
- Go past West Elementary where Joe watched his kids' Christmas plays during their Elementary days.
- From River turn left into Joe Nuxhall Way (Joyce Park) passing the batting range where he spent so much time, giving pitching lessons with Kim, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, Barry Larkin, Chris Sabo and others came.
- From Joe Nuxhall Way take a left back onto River Road heading toward Hamilton past Miami Hamilton of which Miami gave him his first radio gig.
- On toward Hamilton just past the Fitton Center, right on Court Street, left on Front Street, right on High Street
- From High, left onto Martin Luther King to right on Heaton to left on N. 5th to right on Joe Nuxhall Blvd. Taking him past his old neighbor hood, the ball diamonds where he was discovered, on past his ole house and his parents who are buried in Greenwood Cemetery.
- From Joe Nuxhall Blvd. take a right onto Neal Blvd. From Neal a quick left crossing Rt. 4 onto Fair Ave.
- Follow Fair Ave. passing the old Hamilton High Football stadium where he played. (Currently a new elem. under construction)
- From Fair Ave. take a left on High Street.