(BURLINGTON, KY) -- Nine people were taken to University Hospital Wednesday afternoon after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
It happened at Turner Plastic Innovations in Burlington around 1:30 p.m. when the workers reported feeling dizzy and suffering from headaches and vomiting.
A doctor says the workers saved their own lives when they realized there was a problem.
"Carbon Monoxide is an extremely dangerous poison and they were lucky to know that they were sick and they got out of the building as quickly as possible and they were still walking alert. Not feeling well, but at least they're going to go on and do well and go on and live their lives," said Dr. Alexander Trott at University Hospital.
Dr. Trott says that people exposed to carbon monoxide typically have to breathe pure oxygen for six hours before being allowed to leave the hospital.
Another four workers at the plant refused treatment.
Two Trump advisers acknowledged that the president's public comments largely reflected what they have heard him say about Sessions privately.Full Story >
Republican senators are hunkering down for a last-ditch attempt to prevent their own divisions from pushing their health care bill to oblivion.Full Story >
The Middletown Division of Police and the Butler County Sheriff’s Office indicted 28 people on drugs and weapons charges as part of a large drug investigation sweep.Full Story >
A Middletown woman is desperately searching for her missing necklace because it contains part of her loved one's remains.Full Story >
Linkin Park's Chester Bennington has died at the age of 41. The case is being investigated as a suicide.Full Story >