Tart Cooking Demonstration, as an example of a recipe taught during the 'Tea Party 101' Class with Kat Kessler, Pastry Chef from the Hilton Netherland Plaza
- Need an idea for a party or get-together? This class is the perfect solution. Join Chef Kat, a former pastry instructor at the New England Culinary Institute, in learning how to make scones, petits fours and preparing a fabulous brew.
- Sign up now - spots still available for this class on Saturday, February 2nd - 10:00am-1:00pm, $59 per person
Attachments: (MCI) Cincinnati State Logo
- 1. Cream butter and powdered sugar together in a kitchen aid with paddle.
- 2. Slowly incorporate eggs and yolk. Mixture may appear curdled, don't worry.
- 3. Add flour and salt all at once, mix only until incorporated.
- 4. Pat out onto parchment lined sheet tray. Wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- In bowl whisk together sugar, eggs and lemon juice
- Place over simmering water, whisk occasionally until mixture thickens.
- Strain mixture into another bowl.
- Whisk in butter gradually to form a smooth mixture.
- Store refrigerated.
Note: can use other juices and purees, such as mango, lime, etc. For less acidic juices and purees, use ½ cup juice or puree and ¼ cup lemon juice to make a total of ¾ cup juice.