Dog Saves Alexandria Family From Fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Dog Saves Alexandria Family From Fire

(ALEXANDRIA, KY) -- An Alexandria family can thank their dog for saving their lives.

Their house on Echo Hills Drive caught on fire early Tuesday morning while everyone was sleeping.

But thanks to the family's golden retriever, Chucky, they all got out safely.

"The dog barked and nudged her and she noticed the smoke and she went in laundry room and noticed smoke, seen a little fire, alerted her husband and by that time it was pretty well involved," said Chief Jeff Pohlman with the Alexandria Fire Department.

The Alexandria Fire Department estimates there was about $120,000 in damage to the home.

FOX19.com staff

Powered by Frankly