FOX19 Follow Up: Light Bulb Caused St. George Fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

FOX19 Follow Up: Light Bulb Caused St. George Fire

(CLIFTON, OH) -- The cause of a 3-alarm fire at the St. George Church in early February has been determined.

District Chief Fredrick Prather says the official cause is combustibles too close to a heat source.

Combustibles were too close to an energized light bulb resulting in the combustible materal igniting in the left steeple of the church.

The main structure of the building was saved in the fire, but the 190-foot steeples collapsed. The church building is listed on the National Register of History Places.

FOX19.com staff

Powered by Frankly