(HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, KY) -- Staff, faculty and students of Northern Kentucky University are on high alert after a female student reported being raped by two men.
Police say the crime happened Sunday night around 7:20 p.m. The victim says she was forcible taken from Parking Lot C while she was walking to a meeting. She says she was grabbed and held by the larger suspect while the smaller suspect retrieved a vehicle. She was then taken to the Meadowview Apartment parking lot off campus where she was raped, then fought her way out of the vehicle.
The suspects were possibly driving a green Honda Civic with tinted windows and were last seen driving out of the Meadowview Apartments parking lot.
The victim went back to her vehicle, returned home and later sought medical attention in Boone County.
Suspect 1 is described as a white male, 6-foot-2, muscular build, short brown hair, wearing a red hoodie, blue jeans and black baseball cap. He had a tribal band tattoo on his arm.
Suspect 2 is described as a white male, 5-foot-8, blond hair that's shaggy in the middle, wearing a black T-shirt, blue jeans, black gloves with the fingers cut out and an earring.
Anyone with information on this crime should contact NKU Police at 859-572-5500 or e-mail DPS@nku.edu. NKU police say they are increasing their visibility on campus and multiple detectives are actively involved in the investigation.
They also offer these crime prevention tips:
* When possible, avoid walking alone. Walk with someone or with people who are near
* If you are being followed, call 911 and go to the nearest place of safety
* Yell or scream to attract attention. Carry a whistle that will make a loud noise
* Escorts are available upon request by contacting University Police or by activating an emergency call box.
* University Police Department offers a Rape Aggression Defense Class