Linguine with Fresh Asparagus and Sauteed Shrimp
- 1 lb Linguine cooked al dente (serves 4-6)
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic chopped
- 1 T White wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 T White Balsamic vinegar
- 1 T Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (blanched)
- 2 fresh Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions (sliced)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Crushed red chiles (to taste)
- 1 T Canola oil
- 1 T Butter
- 1 lb Shrimp (peeled & de-veined)
- 1 T Fresh oregano destemmed & chopped
- 1 T Fresh basil chiffonade (thinly shredded)
- 2 T shaved Asiago cheese ( shaved with a carrot peeler)
- 1 Lemon
Prep for the pasta dish:
Cook the pasta to al dente (read package for directions). Stop the cooking process in cold water, drain, then toss with olive oil & set aside.
Cut bottom 1/3 of asparagus stalks off & discard.
In a pot of boiling water, blanch the asparagus for 1 minute, then shock the asparagus in cold water to stop the cooking. Drain, cut in half & set aside.
Shave the Asiago cheese, cut onions, chop the tomatoes, garlic & herbs, keep separate & set aside.
To make the dish, start with a 14 inch sautee pan over medium heat. Get the pan good & hot. Add olive oil & the garlic. Add red onions, shrimp, butter and crushed chiles. Add the noodles & stir. Deglaze the pan with white wine then add the stock. When the noodles begin to sizzle a bit, add the balsamic vinegar, tomatoes, asparagus & fresh herbs. Toss & stir. Do not overcook the pasta, the entire process will only take a few minutes. Place onto a platter & finish with the shaved Asiago cheese.
FOX19 RECIPES PRESENTED BY