Pigskin Pasta Salad
1 package Tailgate and Celebrate pasta (or tri-color rotini)
1-8 ounce block mozzarella cheese
1-8 ounce block sharp cheddar cheese
1 container grape tomatoes
1 small roll summer sausage
1- 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
1-16 ounce bottle zesty Italian dressing
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Cut cheeses into bite sized squares. Cut cucumber and summer sausage into bite sized pieces. Cut each tomato in half. In a large bowl, combine cheeses, cucumber, summer sausage, tomatoes, and olives. Add pasta, Italian dressing, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
1 stick butter
1 brick sour cream
1 box confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
6 large cannoli shells
Chocolate chips, colored sugar, sprinkles, nuts- for decoration (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine first five ingredients. Mix until well blended (using a hand held mixer helps achieve creamy consistency.) Fill cannoli shells just before serving using a pastry bag or a snap sealed plastic bag with one corner cut off.
2. Tops ends of filled cannoli with your choice of decorations. Dust the top with confectioner's sugar.
Special Teams Stuffed Peppers
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1/2 pound ground pork
1 onion, chopped
2 ribs celery, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bay leaf
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
3 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth
1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and halved
2 green onions including green tops, chopped
4 red, yellow, or orange peppers, tops cut off and seeded, roasted (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add the pork and cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
2. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the remaining tablespoon oil to the pan. Add the onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cayenne, paprika, oregano, bay leaf, salt, black pepper, and rice. Cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
3. Raise the heat to medium and stir in the shrimp. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand, covered, until the rice and shrimp are just done, about 5 minutes longer. Remove the bay leaf. Stir in the green onions.