CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -- The City of Cincinnati, Hamilton County and Clermont County have declared a state of emergency in the wake of Sunday's power outages.
In addition, Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland has declared a state of emergency, which will allow the Ohio Department of Transportation to help local communities remove debris from roads.
Cincinnati mayor Mark Mallory and county commissioner Todd Portune are each asking the state of Ohio to foot some of the bill for the cleanup.
They are also urging drivers to stay off the roads unless it's absolutely necessary because several traffic lights are out. If you must drive, you are reminded that intersections are treated as four-way stops.
In Clermont County, citizens are called upon and directed to comply with necessary emergency measures, to cooperate with public officials and disaster services forces in executing emergency operation plans, and to obey and comply with the lawful direction of properly identified officers.
The Clermont County Building Inspection Department has assessed 38 homes today, and has determined one home and one commercial building have been destroyed.
Mayor Mallory also offered the following tips:
Public polling shows many Americans are unhappy with the proposal. The separate bills recently passed by the House and Senate combine steep tax cuts for corporations with more modest reductions for most individuals.Full Story >
Three women who have previously accused President Donald Trump of sexual harassment are sharing their stories on NBC's "Megyn Kelly Today." Jessica Leeds, Samantha Holvey and Rachel Crooks told of alleged...Full Story >
Three women who have previously accused President Donald Trump of sexual harassment are sharing their stories on NBC's "Megyn Kelly Today." Jessica Leeds, Samantha Holvey and Rachel Crooks told of alleged harassment by Trump spanning decades.Full Story >