The Hamilton County Solid Waste Management District reminds residents that only yardwast will be accepted at the free yardwaste recycling drop-off sites. Garbage and food waste will not be accepted.
Residents are encouraged to treat their garbage and other waste as usual and take it to the curb on their regular trash pick up day.
Due to the increase in residential yardwaste from Sunday's storm, the Rumpke Sanitary Landfill Yardwaste Drop-Off Site will have extended hours for residents. It will be open Sept. 17-19 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hamilton County residents can participate in the district's free yardwaste recycling drop-off sites on Saturday and Sundays from 11:30 to 5 p.m. through Nov. 30.
Yardwaste sites are located at:
Turpin Farm, 3295 Turpin Lane in Anderson Township
Kuliga Park, 6717 Bridgetown Road, Green Township
Rumpke Sanitary Landfill, Struble Road and Colerain Ave., Colerain Township
The Turpin Farm location is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Yardwaste drop off site rules:
- Landscapers and commercial establishments are not eligible for this program
- Do not bring your yardwaste in plastic bags
- Brush and tree branches should be cut into lengths of 4 feet or less and must be no larger than 1 foot in diameter
- Brush and tree branches should be bundled, and bundles must not be heavier than 75 pounds
- No root balls, pallets, boards, nails, shingles, fence of wire accepted
- No bricks, soil or stones accepted
- Hamilton County residents only
- All children should stay inside vehicles