Chicken and Waffle Sandwich
* Yield: 3 Sandwiches
* Prep Time: 5 minutes
* Cooking Time: 2 minutes
* 1 Box Frozen Cinnamon Waffles (or 3 waffles from Taste From Belgium if you can get them)
* 1 Cup Mayonnaise
* 1 Package Smoked Chicken Breast - 6 slices per sandwich
* 3 Pieces Havarti Cheese
* 1/2 Cup Chipotle Peppers
1. First, the chipotle mayonnaise. Combine a cup of whole mayonnaise with 1/2 cup of finely diced chipotle peppers. Mix together and set aside.
2. Defrost your waffles.
3. To assemble: smear one waffle with about a tablespoon (or to your liking) of the chipotle mayonnaise. Layer a healthy amount of chicken - I like 6 pieces per sandwich - followed by 1 piece of Havarti cheese. Place the second waffle on top to close the sandwich!
Note: if you are using waffles from Taste From Belgium, you can cut the waffle in half and use ½ for the top portion of the sandwich and ½ for the bottom portion.
4. Put your sandwich on a cookie sheet and place under a broiler - one minute each side. Or, just pop it in a toaster oven until the waffles are nice and toasty and the cheese has melted slightly.