Prep 25 minutes Bake 15 minutes Makes 28 servings
Nonstick cooking spray
28 large white button mushrooms (each about 2 inches in diameter)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 pound mild Italian sausage
2 teaspoons Greek seasoning, McCormick
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 package (10-ounce) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well
drained, Birds Eye
1 jar (4-ounce) chopped pimiento, drained,
1⁄3 cup shredded Romano cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Wipe mushrooms clean but do not get them wet. Remove mushroom stems; reserve. Lightly spray mushroom caps inside and out with cooking spray; set aside. Finely chop the mushroom stems; set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Break up sausage into skillet; add chopped mushroom stems, Greek seasoning, and salt. Cook until sausage is crumbled and cooked through. Transfer sausage mixture to a bowl. Add spinach, pimiento, Romano cheese, and eggs; stir to combine.
3. Stuff each mushroom with about 2 tablespoons of the sausage mixture, pressing firmly into the mushroom. Place stuffed mushrooms on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes just until mushrooms are tender and stuffing is heated through. Sprinkle with additional Romano cheese (optional).
Prep 10 minutes Marinate 1 hour Stand 30 minutes
Grill 36 minutes Makes 4 servings
4 bone-in chicken breast halves
11/2 cups Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita
1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons chicken seasoning, McCormick Grill Mates
1. Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita, cilantro, and chicken seasoning. Squeeze out air and seal. Gently massage bag to combine ingredients. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat (see page 17). Oil grate when ready to start cooking. Remove chicken from refrigerator; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on hot, oiled grill; cook 18 to 22 mins. per side or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear (170 degrees F). Serve hot.
Early Peas and Haricots Verts in Garlic Herb Sauce
Prep 15 minutes Makes 12 servings
1 bag (16-ounce) frozen haricots verts (green beans)
1 bag (16-ounce) frozen early harvest peas
1 tablespoon water
4 strips bacon, chopped
1 cup slivered red onions
1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half or light cream
1⁄4 cup cognac
1 packet (1.6-ounce) garlic herb sauce mix
Salt and black pepper
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine frozen green beans and peas. Add the water; cover and heat on high setting (100 percent power) for 8 to 10 minutes or just until vegetables are tender, stirring once.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, brown chopped bacon. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat from the pan. Add slivered onions; cook until softened. Add half-and-half and cognac to saucepan; whisk in dry garlic herb sauce mix. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened.
3. Drain green beans and peas. Add to pan with sauce; stir to coat vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep 15 minutes // Bake 10 minutes per batch // Cool 5 minutes
Makes 36 cookies
1⁄2 cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pouch (17.5-ounce) sugar cookie mix, dry pouch, box
4 ounce softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine ¼ cup of granulated sugar, cookie mix, cream cheese, egg, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract; mix until dough is smooth.
3. In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup of granulated sugar with one teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
4. Scoop dough by the tablespoon and roll into a one-inch ball. Roll balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool on cooling rack.
Cranberry Honey Punch
Serving Size: 10
1 bottle (20 fl oz.) green tea -- chilled
2 cups cranberry juice cocktail -- chilled
1 cup JOSE CUERVO GOLDEN MARGARITA -- chilled
1/4 cup honey
fresh cranberries -- for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a 1 1/2 or 2 quart pitcher. Stir.
Make swizzle sticks by lining stirrers with cranberries.
Serve over ice in chilled tall glasses with cranberry swizzles.
NOTES: You will need: