For the salad:
- 6 cups salad greens spinach, arugula, kale or mixed greens
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries washed
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries washed
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped and toasted
For the salad dressing:
- 3/4 cup The Spicy Olive's extra virgin olive oil or The Spicy Olive's Lemon Olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp The Spicy Olive's Champagne & Roasted Garlic Mustard
- 3/4 cup The Spicy Olive's Wild Blueberry balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place salad greens in a large serving bowl. Top with berries, avocado, and red onion.
- Place mustard into a small mixing bowl. Add Blueberry balsamic and whisk together. Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the balsamic mixture, whisking constantly until olive oil and balsamic are completely mixed and dressing begins to thicken. IF you used the Lemon olive oil you may not need the lemon zest. If you used a single varietal olive oil, add the lemon zest and whisk to incorporate.
- Pour salad dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat. Top salad with walnuts and serve. Enjoy!