CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - If you plan to head down to Taste of Cincinnati at the end of May and are wondering what to try, the Best of Taste award winners list is out.
Mystery judges, including FOX19 NOW’s Deborah Linz and Catherine Bodak, visited Taste of Cincinnati’s April 29 food truck takeover to sample and judge restaurant entries.
And here the Best of Taste winners and runners up:
Restaurant Best Dessert
- Third Place (tie): Spumoni Cannoli – Pompilio’s and Black Forrest Cake – Oakbrook Bakery
- Second Place: Crème Brulee – Market Street Grille
- First Place: Apple Quince Bread Pudding – Alfio’s buon cibo
Restaurant Best Appetizer
- Third Place: Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Kisses – McCormick & Schmick’s
- Second Place: Gnocchi Bolognese – Alfio’s buon cibo
- First Place: Lightning Wings – Revolution Rotisserie
Restaurant Best Soup-Salad-Side
- Third Place: Thai Papaya Salad – Sawasdee Thai Cuisine
- Second Place: Gods’mac Grippos Mac & Cheese – Tickle Pickle
- First Place: Cambodian Chicken Taco - Mahope
Restaurant Best go Vibrant!*
- Third Place: Buns N Roses Black Bean Burger with Cashew Cheese – Tickle Pickle
- Second Place: Poke Cupcake – Poke Hut
- First Place: Cambodian Portobello Mushroom Taco - Mahope
Restaurant Best Entrée
- Third Place: Gourmet Mac & Cheese – Market Street Grille
- Second Place: Brisket – Just Q’in BBQ
- First Place: Pork Grenade – McK’s Chicks
Food Truck Best Dessert
- Third Place: Turtle Fried Cheesecake – Hungry Bros.
- Second Place: White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Cupcake- The Cheesecakery
- First Place: “Make it a Sundae” Brownie – Sugar Snap!
Food Truck Best Appetizer
- Third Place: Smoked Lamb Nachos – Wicked Hickory
- Second Place: Lobster Poutine – Harvest Mobile Cuisine
- First Place: The Stroll – Adena’s Beefstroll
Food Truck Best Soup-Salad-Side
- Third Place: Sprouts – Harvest Mobile Cuisine
- Second Place: Brisket Mac – Wicked Hickory
- First Place: 12 hour Braised Brisket Bowl – Texas Joe Tex-Mex
Food Truck Best go Vibrant!*
- Third Place: Strawberry Chicken Taco – The Tin Man Grill
- Second Place: Pink Lemonade streetpop - streetpops
- First Place (tie): Swordfish Kebab with Molasses Glaze – Screaming Goat and Fruit Punch streetpop - streetpops
*go Vibrant menu items adhere to the American Heart Association per-serving standards of 6.5 grams or less of total fat, 1 gram or less of saturated fat, a half gram or less of trans fat, 20 milligrams or less of cholesterol, and 480 milligrams or less of sodium.
Food Truck Best Entrée
- Third Place: Jerk Chicken Nachos – Just Jerks Ena’s Jamaican Grill
- Second Place: Cheesy Garlic-Style Italian Beef – Adena’s Beefstroll
- First Place: Smoked Rib Tips – Sweets & Meats BBQ.
34 restaurants and 19 food trucks will take part in Taste of Cincinnati and 300 menu items will be available.
Taste of Cincinnati takes place May 25 through May 27, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday.
It will be held on Fifth Street, in downtown Cincinnati, from Main Street to the ramps of I-71 and Columbia Parkway.