WARREN COUNTY, Ohio (FOX19) - The Warren County Health District has removed an advisory for the Little Miami River.
The Warren County Water and Sewer Department and the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency repaired a sewer main breach Friday morning.
The break was near Socialville-Foster Road and Old 3C Highway.
Health officials said untreated sewage is no longer being discharged to the river.
They encourage river users to follow the typical precautions:
- Avoid drinking river water
- Avoid swallowing water when swimming
- Avoid getting water shot up your nose when swimming, especially in warm shallow water
- Avoid swimming or wading in with open wounds or cuts
- Don’t swim if you’re ill
- Shower with soap and clean water after swimming