MIDDLETOWN, Oh. (FOX19) - Residents were able to return home after a gas leak and fire Wednesday morning in Middletown, city officials say.
City of Middletown tweeted that as of 11:36 a.m., Duke and Middletown fire crews gave the all-clear for people to return.
Crews responded to the 900 block of Lafayette Avenue just before 10 a.m. when a construction crew hit a gas line, sparking a fire, said Fire Chief Paul Lolli.
Though the all-clear has been given, they say Lafayette Avenue will remain closed for the time being.
The fire was put out at 11:29 a.m., they say, and the gas line was shut off.
Officials decided at 10:20 a.m. no further evacuation was needed.
Eight residents from 10 homes were under the evacuation order.
No injuries were reported, but authorities asked people to avoid the area.