Man helps mother out of burning home in Springfield Twp.

1 person injured after house fire in Springfield Township

CINCINNATI (FOX19) - A mother claims her son helped her out of her burning home in Springfield Township Saturday morning after a candle in her bedroom caught her nightstand on fire.

Hamilton County Fire dispatchers say they fire crews were sent to the 2000 block of First Avenue at 8:02 a.m. for a structure fire.

The woman, who did not want to be identified, says after she saw the flames she called her son for help.

“I smelled something and I woke up and I was like damn. It’s on fire. When he came in the hallway it was a small fire honestly. He did something and he said ‘get some water call 911.’ I’m like call 911 for what it’s just a small fire," she said. "Baby, in 60 seconds that whole room was in flames.”

The fire quickly spread to the curtains and walls.

“My son literally picked me up and threw me out. I didn’t have on any clothes or any shoes. I said I’m not going I got to get my glasses, I can’t even see. You know it is what it is,” she said.

Her son is being treated for smoke inhalation and burns. He is expected to be okay, said the woman.

“I have my son. I have my life, that’s all you can ask for,” she said.

The woman said that the house is a total loss.

The American Red Cross was called to help the family.

Copyright 2019 WXIX. All rights reserved.