Worker accidentally electrocuted at Rumpke electric station, sheriff says

Worker accidentally electrocuted at Rumpke electric station, sheriff says
Jory Vaness, 25, died after an apparent accidental electrocution while working at a Rumpke landfill in Georgtown Tuesday. (Source: Pexels)

GEORGETOWN, Ohio (FOX19) - A Michigan man died from an accidental electrocution Tuesday morning while performing work at a Rumpke landfill in Georgetown, the Brown County Sheriff’s Office confirmed in a release.

Brown County dispatchers received a call about an electrocution at the Brown County Rumpke electric generating station around 7:49 a.m., the release says.

Deputies and members of Georgetown fire and EMS arrived at the scene to find 25-year-old Jory Vaness dead.

According to the release, witnesses said Vaness had been working on emissions testing equipment from a high lift when he accidentally swung into live power lines, fatally electrocuting him.

Rumpke said in a statement that Vaness was an employee for a third-party company.

The sheriff’s office says it will be investigating the incident with the Brown County Coroner’s Office as well as investigators from Rumpke and OHSA.

Copyright 2019 WXIX. All rights reserved.