CINCINNATI (FOX19) - Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose has ordered the relocation of polling locations in retirement living or senior care facilities due to coronavirus concerns.
The change will affect around 125 polling locations in the state.
The state launched a new website to keep people up to date on the changes.
“Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose and Ohio’s 88 county board of elections are partnering with state and local health officials to promote a safe and healthy environment for Ohioans as they go to the polls next week,” the website states.
Here are the relocated locations:
- S.E.M. Villa, 201 Mound Street, Milford, Ohio (Milford City D voters)
- S.E.M. Terrace, 5371 South Milford Road, Milford, Ohio (Milford City E voters)
- The new polling locations will be at Pattison Elementary School on S. Milford Road.
- Fairfield Pavilion in Fairfield: Voting will be at Creekside Middle School, 1111 Nilles Rd., Fairfield
- Ohio Living Mt. Pleasant in Monroe: Monroe Library & Community Center, 6 E. Ave., Monroe
- Woodridge Healthcare in Fairfield: Fairfield Senior High School, 8800 Holden Blvd., Fairfield
- Quaker Heights in Waynesville‐ This polling place contains precincts 235 and 239. They will now vote at 1st Baptist Church of Waynesville located at 1009 Lytle Rd. Waynesville.
- Otterbein Sr Lifestyles in Lebanon‐ This polling place contains precinct 216. They will now vote at Armco Park Club House located at 1223 N SR 741, Lebanon.
- Mason Christian Village‐ This polling place contains precincts 54 and 108. They will now vote at Christ Church located at 5165 Western Row Rd. Mason.
- Cedar Village‐ This polling place contains precinct 55. They will now vote at Christ Church located at 5165 Western Row Rd. Mason.
- All Quaker Heights residents have voted by absentee.
- Otterbein Sr Lifestyles residents are being offered the opportunity to vote early at their facility on Wednesday March 11th at 9:30 am. The residents who require assistance voting will be notified that if they wish to vote early, they can do so on this day or by mail. Residents could also go to their new temporary location on Election Day.
- Mason Christian Village has decided to shuttle their residents to the new temporary location on election day. Cedar Village residents are being offered the opportunity to vote early at their facility on Sunday at 11:00 am. The residents who require assistance voting will be notified that if they wish to vote early, they can do so on this day or by mail. Residents could also go to their new temporary location on Election Day.
- Voters are encouraged to vote early at the Warren County Board of Elections at 520 Justice Dr in Lebanon.
Election officials are encouraging people to vote early.
Noon Saturday is the deadline to request an absentee ballot for the election Tuesday.