CINCINNATI (CINCINNATI ENQUIRER) - The Hamilton County Coroner’s Office has ruled 15-year-old Emma Roberts’s death as an accidental overdose, according to the toxicology report.
The toxicology report shows Emma’s cause of death was fentanyl and methamphetamine intoxication. She also had traces of cannabinoids in her system, according to our media partners at the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Emma, who is from Wooster, Ohio, was found dead near the Clippard Park playground in Colerain Township on Feb. 21. Police located her body shortly after 9 a.m. after responding to a 911 call from a woman who saw a person lying near a trash can.
Deputies told the Enquirer she went missing from her group home in Cincinnati on Feb. 10 and left her placement with children’s services without permission. It’s not clear which group home she was staying at.
The preliminary autopsy report showed Emma had pulmonary edema, a large amount of foam-like fluid in her lungs. Emma was fully-clothed when she was transported to the coroner and did not have bodily trauma or severe injuries.