$4M bond set for man accused in series of mid-90s kidnappings, rapes
CINCINNATI (FOX19) - Bond was set at $4 million for a man arrested last week in connection with four rape and kidnapping cases from the mid-1990s.
Stoney Brown, 62, pled not guilty on Tuesday to 11 counts of rape, four counts of kidnapping and aggravated burglary when he appeared inside a Hamilton County courtroom.
Court documents show Brown faces at least two charges of rape and one charge of kidnapping for each of the four victims.
Brown is accused of committing these crimes between August 1995 and July of 1996.
According to Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters, Brown committed these crimes in the Clifton area when he was in his late 30s.
“I mean there were other people in the residence when he was doing this," Deters said. "He would just go in, put a knife to their throats and tell them that he was going to kill them if they made a noise, and he would then sexually assault them.”
During the 90s, Deters says police didn’t know who Brown was but they had DNA from the crime scenes.
The DNA evidence kept the case from expiring through the statute of limitations.
What proved to be a game-changer in the investigation was the use of ancestry websites to find potential genetic code matches, Deters said.
The Hamilton County prosecutor says more victims might still be out there.
Copyright 2020 WXIX. All rights reserved.