INDIANAPOLIS (FOX19) - Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb is reopening some businesses on Friday, June 12 instead of Sunday, June 14.
The governor announced Wednesday that all 92 counties in the state can advance to “Stage 4” of the Back on Track Indiana plan.
“I’m grateful to Hoosiers who have helped maintain our momentum and slow the spread of COVID-19 by exercising caution and following health guidance,” Holcomb said. “As we advance to Stage 4 and further reopen Indiana for business, we’ll continue to monitor our progress and make data-informed decisions.”
In Stage 4:
- Retailers and malls to return to full capacity
- Dining room service can move to 75% capacity
- Bars and nightclubs can open at 50% capacity
- Movie theaters and bowling alleys can also open at 50% capacity
- Cultural, entertainment and tourism sites may open at 50% capacity
- Amusement parks, water parks and similar facilities may open at 50% capacity
- Community recreational non-contact sports practices, games and tournaments may resume
- Contact sports may conduct conditioning and non-contact skills
- Contact spots may resume games or tournaments beginning Friday, June 19
- Raceways may reopen at 50% grandstand capacity
- Pari-mutuel horse racing may begin with no spectators at Hoosier Park and Indiana Grand facilities
- Charity gaming and casinos may reopen Monday, June 15 with approval of the Indiana Gaming Commission
- Social gatherings of up to 250 people will be permitted following social distancing guidelines
- Outdoor visitation make take place at assisted living facilities and nursing homes
If health indicators remain positive, the state will move to Stage 5 in early July.
Meantime, an additional 339 Hoosiers have now been diagnosed with the coronavirus, the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) announced on Wednesday.
These most recent cases increase Indiana’s total number of coronavirus cases to 38,337, according to the ISDH.
Indiana has conducted a total of 320,094 coronavirus tests, which means 12% of the tests have come back positive for the virus, the ISDH reports.
On Wednesday, the ISDH reports 15 more deaths from the coronavirus.
Indiana’s overall coronavirus death toll is now 2,173, the ISDH’s data shows.
Here is a county-by-county breakdown of coronavirus cases, deaths and tests in the FOX19 NOW viewing area:
- Dearborn County: 175 cases, 22 deaths, 1,558 tests
- Fayette County: 80 cases, seven deaths, 964 tests
- Franklin County: 119 cases, eight deaths, 617 tests
- Ohio County: 13 cases, zero deaths, 175 tests
- Ripley County: 109 cases, six deaths, 1,169 tests
- Switzerland County: 21 cases, zero deaths, 307 tests
- Union County: 12 cases, zero deaths, 266 tests