Faulty light fixture to blame for small fire at Lakota East Freshman

Faulty light fixture to blame for small fire at Lakota East Freshman
The alert did not say what caused the fire. (Source: WAVE 3 News)

BUTLER COUNTY, Ohio (FOX19) - Students and staff were evacuated due to a fire early Wednesday morning inside Lakota East Freshman, according to the school district.

The school district says the fire started around 6:55 a.m. and it was extinguished by the school resource officer.

The Liberty Township Fire Department gave the all-clear around 7:30 a.m.

The school district says the fire was caused by a faulty light fixture.

Copyright 2020 WXIX. All rights reserved.