CINCINNATI (FOX19) - Springer School and another nearby building were evacuated after a gas main was hit early Thursday.
Firefighters were called to the school on Madison Road where they said a truck backed into a large gas main.
The firefighters immediately ordered for the school and another nearby building to be evacuated and called Duke Energy to the area, Cincinnati Fire said.
According to Cincinnati Fire, firefighters managed to shut off the gas before crews from Duke Energy arrived.
Students and staff were taken across the street to Summit School as crews ventilate Springer School to let the gas fumes out, Cincinnati Fire explained.
Students and staff should be able to return to the school around 10 a.m., according to the department.