Tri-State hotel evacuated due to gas leak

Tri-State hotel evacuated due to gas leak
The LaQuinta Inn in Florence, Kentucky was evacuated Monday afternoon because of a gas leak, Boone County dispatchers confirmed. (Source: WXIX)

FLORENCE, Ky. (FOX19) - A hotel in Florence was evacuated due to a gas leak on Monday afternoon.

Chief Scott Knoll of the Florence Fire Department says they got a call that a person was ill in the pool area of LaQuinta Inn & Suites in the 300 block of Meijer Drive.

Knoll says it was apparent when crews got to the hotel they were dealing with a carbon monoxide leak.

The chief says there were high levels of gas in the pool area.

He says the leak was traced to the swimming pool heater.

Fire crews ventilated the area and evacuated the hotel while they got the carbon monoxide level under control.

Copyright 2020 WXIX. All rights reserved.