CINCINNATI (FOX19) - The big day is nearing as the Cincinnati Zoo is offering plenty of ways for everyone to celebrate Fiona’s birthday.
The world’s most famous hippo is turning four years old on Jan. 24 and to help celebrate Cincinnati businesses partnered with the Zoo to create special Fiona-themed merchandise.
- Cincinnati Zoo Gift Shop - The Zoo Shop has created a special, sparkly birthday t-shirt that’s perfect for people who love hippos and cake.
- Rookwood Pottery is serving up some birthday love with their new Fiona Dessert Plate.
- Busken Cookies is selling Fiona’s fourth birthday pack of eight cookies.
- Brazee Street Studio is offering a Zoom class on Jan. 21 where you can make a beautiful Fiona plate with materials provided by Brazee.
- Cincy Shirts has created a birthday t-shirt that complements the Float4Fiona event theme (apples), because “Fiona is hip to the core.”
- Listermann Brewing will have Team Fiona beer, on tap and in specially designed cans, available on Jan. 21 starting at 12 p.m. They will also be selling a special birthday t-shirt.
- Coffee Emporium is offering bags of Fiona’s Blend and a special Fiona Mocha from Jan. 21-24 that they describe as “A nutty mocha that is warming and fun just like Fiona.”
- Rally House will reveal its design for a new Fiona t-shirt on her birthday, Jan. 24. You can find their other Fiona products at rallyhouse.com or at any of the five Rally House Cincinnati metro area locations.
- Graeter’s Ice Cream – Celebrate with Chunky Chunky Hippo.
- New Fiona book – Fiona Helps a Friend – available for pre-order.
Also, the Zoo is hosting Float4Fiona, which is an apple race in Hippo Cave. To get people involved in the fun, Cincinnati Zoo has made the apples available for purchase and the owner of the winning apple along with three guests will get to meet Fiona.
“Since we can’t invite people to a big old party for Fiona this year, we will hold the race before the Zoo opens on her birthday, Jan. 24, and share it live on Facebook so people everywhere can watch and hope their apple finishes first,” said Cincinnati Zoo director Thane Maynard. “If you win and are not able to travel to meet Fiona in person, you can opt for a private video chat and custom-made hippo kiss painting.”
Prizes will be awarded to the first four apples to go across the finish line. Second, third, and fourth place finishers will receive limited-edition Fiona kiss prints.
You have from now through Jan. 20 at 12 a.m. to buy your apple.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Click here to report it. Please include title of story.