COLLEGE HILL, Ohio (FOX19) -Two people were displaced after a fire occurred in College Hill Sunday.
District Fire Chief Randal Freel says firefighters were dispatched to a fire in the 5900 block of Belmont Avenue around 9:30 a.m.
Fire crews arrived to a working fire on the third floor of the three-story building. Freel says crews entered the building to extinguish the fire and find possible victims, but encountered water supply issues due to the cold weather. This resulted in a delayed fire control and causing it to be a second-alarm fire.
Freel says the fire was knocked down in 20 minutes, but crews remained at the scene for two hours to extinguish hot spots.
The two occupants fled on their own and the American Red Cross will be finding them a shelter, Freel said.
Freel says the cause of the fire is due to unattended cooking.
Firefighters do not have an estimated damage at this time.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Click here to report it. Please include title of story.