WILMINGTON, Ohio (FOX19) - A worker at a Clinton County industrial facility was hospitalized in a fire late Tuesday, Wilmington fire officials say.
The cause of the fire and possible explosion at Azek Building Products (TimberTech) off Prairie Road remains under investigation, said Wilmington Fire Lt. Brant Schmitt
Police and fire officials from five departments responded to a report of a dryer explosion about 9:30 p.m.
This was an active scene through most of the night as crews worked for some five hours to knock out flames from two machines that caught on fire, the dryer and a dust collector, Schmitt said.
It remains under investigation if there actually was a dryer explosion, he said.
The worker who was hurt was taken by ambulance to Clinton Memorial Hospital.
The extent of the worker’s injuries are not clear, he said.
A damage estimate is not available.
Crews cleared the scene about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Five fire agencies in all responded: Wilmington, Port William, Chester Township, Clinton Warren Joint Fire District and Blanchester.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Click here to report it. Please include title of story.