CINCINNATI (FOX19) - Metro will roll out new fares starting Sunday, April 4.
Metro said riders will see a simpler fare structure that makes riding the bus even easier.
Metro’s across-the-board fare simplification will eliminate all zones and zone fares, transitioning from six zone-fare rates to just three fare types:
- $2.00 fare for all Hamilton County local routes
- $2.65 fare for all Hamilton County express routes
- $3.75 fare for Suburban County express routes that service Warren, Butler and Clermont counties
Under the new fare structure, nine express routes, Rts. 2X, 12X, 15X, 25X, 30X, 38X, 40X, 77X and 81X, will be re-designated as commuter local service with a fare of $2.00.
Along with these changes, Metro will offer a number of new fare products:
- $4.00 Hamilton County local service day pass (replacing the former Zone 1 day pass priced at $4.50)
- $5.30 Hamilton County Express day pass
- $7.50 Suburban County Express day pass
- $10 5-ride Hamilton County local service ticket
- $2.00 half-fare day pass for eligible riders, including:
- Fare Deal, Metro Veterans Program and Access customers with valid ID cards
- UC students and staff and Cincinnati State students with valid Metro discount cards
- Children between 35 and 45 inches tall who qualify for child’s fare
Full details and answers to frequently asked questions can be found on their website.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Click here to report it. Please include title of story.