Ohioans must opt-in to be eligible for vaccine sweepstakes, state officials say
COLUMBUS, Ohio (FOX19) - Ohioans who have received at least the first dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, must opt-in online or by phone in order to be eligible for the Vax-a-Million sweepstakes, officials with the Ohio Department of Health and Ohio Lottery announced Monday.
Governor Mike DeWine announced Wednesday that every adult in Ohio over the age of 18 is eligible to win one of five $1 million prizes.
Beginning Tuesday, May 18, you may call 1-833-4-ASKODH between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily to register. You may also opt-in online by clicking here.
Once you have opted-in, you don’t have to do it again.
You must meet all of the following eligibility requirements for the vaccine sweepstakes:
- Must be a living citizen of the United States and a permanent resident of the State of Ohio.
- Must be at least 12 years of age.
- Must not be incarcerated (in prison or jail) for a felony conviction under the laws of this state, another state, or the United States.
- Must not be an employee or officer of the Ohio Lottery Commission, the Ohio Department of Health or the Ohio Governor’s Office, or any blood relative or spouse of such an employee or officer living as a member of the employee’s or officer’s household.
- Must have received at least the first COVID-19 vaccination if receiving the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose if receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, prior to the drawing date.
ODH officials say there will be one drawing every Wednesday starting May 26 with the winner announced at 7:30 p.m.
Once selected, officials will reach out to ask permission to call the winner’s medical provider to confirm the vaccination. They will also ask to see the vaccination card as proof.
If the winner is not vaccinated, officials will move on to the second name and, if needed, the third.
The winner will be responsible for the taxes and will not be able to remain anonymous.
In addition to the Vax-a-Million drawing, Ohioans between the ages of 12 to 17 who received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine can enter to win one of five four-year full-ride scholarships, including room and board, tuition and books, to any Ohio state college or university.
The ODH is using federal Coronavirus Relief Funds to pay for the Vax-a-Million program.
Complete official rules below:
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Click here to report it. Please include title of story.
Copyright 2021 WXIX. All rights reserved.