Reds ‘Re-Opening Day’ game postponed due to weather
Great American Ball Park returns to full capacity
CINCINNATI (FOX19) - Re-Opening Day in Cincinnati has been postponed due to inclement weather in the Tri-State.
The Reds were scheduled to take on the Phillies at 12:35 p.m. on June 2, but the game has been moved to Monday, June 28.
Reds games at Great American Ball Park can now return to full capacity crowds.
Most of Ohio’s remaining COVID-19 health orders ended overnight, including the statewide mask mandate, capacity limits indoors and outdoors and social distancing requirements.
Tickets to Reds games will remain digital, and backpack rules will remain in effect at the ball park.
Wednesday was considered a “half-day holiday” in Cincinnati with everyone encouraged to go to the Reds game and visit the DORA District at the Banks, city and county leaders said.
The light fins at FC Cincinnat’s TQL Stadium will be illuminated in red Wednesday to celebrate Re-Opening Day.
In addition, leaders had announced:
- The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky African American Chamber, and Cincinnati Convention and Visitors Bureau are offering a special discount on Reds tickets to their members
- Fountain Square will be a party thanks to 3CDC, who will program the square with bars and will stream the game live on the big screen atop the Foundry Building on Fountain Square
- The Convention Center, Tyler Davidson Fountain, Fifth Third Bank Building, and other buildings throughout the City will be illuminated in red Wednesday to support the Reds
- Thanks to Bally Sports Ohio, the Reds are giving fans a special $5 ticket offer for Re-Opening Day. Fans can buy $5 View Level tickets now through Monday night. Tickets can be purchased at //reds.com/Bally.
- The DORA District at the Banks will open at 11 a.m. and bars and restaurants will be staffed to accommodate fans and revelers! Bars and restaurants throughout downtown will be encouraged to be open with “Re-Opening Day” specials and activities.
- Everyone in the region is encouraged to wear red Wednesday to support Re-Opening Day.
“No city does Opening Day like Cincinnati! Now that the orders are lifted and summer is almost here, we deserve a Re-Opening Day,” said Jill Meyer, President and CEO of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber. “We urge everyone to go to the Reds game on June 2, come downtown and celebrate the future, and honor what we have been through together as a community.”
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Click here to report it. Please include title of story.
Copyright 2021 WXIX. All rights reserved.