Heavy rain causes high water, road closures in Tri-State area
CINCINNATI (WXIX) -Several areas throughout the Tri-State area are flooded due to high water.
According to the National Weather Service in Wilmington, Hamilton County and southern Butler County are under a flood advisory until 1:15 p.m.
A Hamilton County dispatcher says that areas with high water include:
- Bender at Delhi
- Haft just passed the I-74 bridge overpass.
- All of U.S. 50
According to the Warren County Emergency Management, several areas in Warren County are closed:
- Corwin Avenue between U.S. Route 42 and New Burlington Road-Waynesville
- Columbia Road between U.S. Route 42 and Glosser-Richardson Road.
- Mason-Morrow-Millgrove Road between Stubbs Mill Road and Shawhan Road.
- Stubbs Mill Road between Mason-Morrow-Millgrove and Trovillo Road.
- Front Street between Pike Street and Morrow Blackhawk Road.
Warren County EMA states that Oregonia Road between Waynesville Road and Hollingsworth Road was closed due to a large tree that was down. The road has since been cleared.
NWS says that Campbell, Kenton, and Northwestern Pendleton counties are also under a flood advisory until 1:15 p.m.
Campbell County dispatchers say Cody Road is closed due to flooding.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Please include the title when you click here to report it.
Copyright 2021 WXIX. All rights reserved.