Advertisement

Avondale house fire caused by candle results in $200K in damages

A house fire in the Grier Heights area of Charlotte left one person seriously injured.
A house fire in the Grier Heights area of Charlotte left one person seriously injured.(Michel Curi / CC BY 2.0)
Published: May. 9, 2022 at 8:55 AM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - An Avondale home was left with thousands of dollars worth of damage after a candle sparked flames throughout the house.

According to officials, the fire occurred at 3476 Vine St. around 8:30 p.m. on Sunday.

“An aggressive interior attack was initiated along with a search, all occupants had evacuated prior to fire company arrival,” the fire department said.

Firefighters said they were forced to evacuate the building for a brief time do to the extent o9f hidden fire in the void spaces.

The fire took several hours to extinguish.

Fire officials said the cause was a candle that ignited a sofa.

The Red Cross is assisting two occupants, an adult and young child.

The estimated cost of damage is $216,000.

See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Please include the title when you click here to report it.

Copyright 2022 WXIX. All rights reserved.