Matthew 25: Ministries fleet leaves with supplies, services for victims of Mississippi tornadoes
CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Matthew 25: Ministries, a Blue Ash-based humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization, sent their first fleet of vehicles to Mississippi on Sunday.
The vehicles were loaded with supplies and services to help victims of the devastating storms and tornadoes that tore through Mississippi last week, leaving a trail of damage more than 100 miles long.
This includes trucks with P&G Personal Care Product Kits, household cleaning supplies, baby items, bottled water, and additional items including first aid and safety supplies and tarps.
At least 26 people were killed and dozens were injured as the storms destroyed homes, damaged neighborhoods and knocked out power. Rolling Fork and Silver City were especially hard hit.
Matthew 25 sent products and provide laundry and mobile charging services throughout affected areas by deploying:
- “Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Unit” that can complete up to 100 loads of laundry a day
- Duracell PowerForward truck equipped to carry as many as 20,000 Duracell batteries as well as on-board charging stations for mobile devices
- Clean-Up Trailer equipped with tools and other supplies to help storm victims clean up their homes and properties.
Matthew 25 is preparing truckloads of other relief aid to be ready to ship to help meet the immediate and ongoing needs of those impacted.
They also will continue working with partners to assess ongoing needs.
The charity is requesting monetary and product donations of the following types of items to supplement existing supplies, for restocking during their response to the storms in Mississippi, and for future disasters:
- Donate money online or mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242 (100% of donated funds designated for the 2023 Mississippi Tornadoes will be used for the purpose intended).
- Product donations: The following product donations will be accepted at our facility located at 11083 Kenwood Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242:
- Cases of bottled water (12- and 24- count)
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation.
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, trash bags, etc.
Matthew 25 responds to disasters domestically and internationally and provides both rapid response and long-term support to areas impacted by disaster.
So far this year, Matthew 25 has responded to disasters including the earthquakes in Syria and Turkey, the East Palestine train derailment, and is continuing its response to the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine.
The charity has shipped more than seven million pounds of supplies in 2023, including more than three million pounds of disaster relief and helped more than 8.5 million people.
For the most current information on Matthew 25: Ministries’ activities, please visit their website.
Volunteers also are welcome to their Kenwood Road warehouse six days a week.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Please click here to report it and include the headline of the story in your email.
Do you have a photo or video of a breaking news story? Send it to us here with a brief description.
Copyright 2023 WXIX. All rights reserved.