Former student teacher sentenced for having sexual relations with a minor
LIBERTY TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WXIX) - A Butler County Judge sentenced a former Liberty Junior School student teacher on Tuesday after she was convicted of having sexual relations with a teenager.
Ana Leigh D’Ettorre, 24, was given a list of things she must comply with in order to avoid jail time, according to Butler County prosecutors:
- Community control
- Complete one year of intensive probation and four years of basic
- Register as a Tier 2 sex offender twice a year for 25 years
- Attend any recommended aftercare
- Prohibited from having unsupervised contact with minors
- Maintain full-time employment
- Pay supervision fees and court costs
- Prohibited from using drugs or alcohol and must stay out of bars
Prosecutors say D’Ettorre met the teenage victim when she taught at Liberty Junior. However, the crimes took place away from the school after her last day of student teaching.
Court documents show, prior to her guilty plea, D’Ettorre was indicted on one count of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor and 11 counts of disseminating matters harmful to juveniles.
On Tuesday, she was convicted of one count of unlawful sexual conduct and one count of disseminating matter harmful to juveniles, documents said.
D’Ettorre’s attorneys say she has been fully cooperative with the investigation and throughout the trial.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Please click here to report it and include the headline of the story in your email.
Do you have a photo or video of a breaking news story? Send it to us here with a brief description.
Copyright 2023 WXIX. All rights reserved.