Man facing 13 charges after using vehicle to hit police cruisers: Court docs
TURTLECREEK TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WXIX) - A man is facing more than a dozen charges after court records claim he drove into multiple police cruisers in early October.
Korey Barton, 26, of Cincinnati, is being held on a $1 million bond following his indictment on 13 total charges, according to Warren County court records.
On northbound Interstate 75 on Oct. 7, Barton drove away from police after being stopped for a traffic violation, the criminal complaint reads.
The complaint says Barton led law enforcement “on a multi-county high-speed pursuit” for almost an hour.
He later used his vehicle to hit “multiple” cruisers that had officers inside them, the court documents show. The court records did not say if any officers were injured.
The vehicle Barton was driving was “obtained by deception,” the documents explain. The criminal complaint says the registered owner of the vehicle claimed he did not know Barton and that someone else was supposed to have the vehicle.
One of the charges he was indicted for is grand theft of a motor vehicle, court records state.
Barton also had a stolen gun that was loaded inside the vehicle with him, according to the court documents.
Warren County court records show he was indicted for the following charges:
- Felonious assault (two counts)
- Failure to comply with an order or signal of a police officer
- Identity fraud
- Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Receiving stolen property
- Grand theft of a motor vehicle
- Vandalism (two counts)
- Criminal damaging or endangering
- Using weapons while intoxicated
- The criminal complaint says Barton has five OVI charges in 10 years.
- Driving under financial responsibility law suspension or cancellation
Barton was arrested by the Ohio State Highway Patrol, the court documents show.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Please click here to report it.
Do you have a photo or video of a breaking news story? Send it to us here with a brief description.
Copyright 2023 WXIX. All rights reserved.