Kevin Newman Player Prop Bets: Reds vs. Cardinals - May 24
Published: May. 24, 2023 at 6:23 PM EDT
The Cincinnati Reds, including Kevin Newman (.371 on-base percentage in past 10 games, 85 points above season-long percentage), take on starter Steven Matz and the St. Louis Cardinals at Great American Ball Park, Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET.
He had two hits (going 2-for-4) in his last appearance against the Cardinals.
Kevin Newman Game Info & Props vs. the Cardinals
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Cardinals Starter: Steven Matz
- TV Channel: BSOH
- Hits Prop: Over/under 0.5 hits (Over odds: -222)
- Home Runs Prop: Over/under 0.5 home runs (Over odds: +850)
- RBI Prop: Over/under 0.5 RBI (Over odds: +210)
- Runs Prop: Over/under 0.5 runs (Over odds: +165)
Looking to place a prop bet on Kevin Newman? Check out what's available at BetMGM and sign up with this link!
Discover More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Reds vs Cardinals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Reds vs Cardinals Player Props|
|Reds vs Cardinals Pitching Matchup|
|Reds vs Cardinals Prediction|
|How to Watch Reds vs Cardinals|
|Reds vs Cardinals Odds|
Kevin Newman At The Plate
- Newman is hitting .248 with two doubles, two home runs and five walks.
- Newman has gotten a hit in 20 of 31 games this year (64.5%), with more than one hit on five occasions (16.1%).
- He has hit a home run in two of 31 games played this season, and in 1.8% of his plate appearances.
- Newman has driven home a run in seven games this season (22.6%), including more than one RBI in 16.1% of his games.
- He has scored in 10 of 31 games (32.3%), including multiple runs twice.
Ready to play FanDuel Daily Fantasy? Get in the game using our link.
Kevin Newman Home/Away Batting Splits
|13 (72.2%)||Games w/1+ Hit||7 (53.8%)|
|3 (16.7%)||Games w/2+ Hits||2 (15.4%)|
|7 (38.9%)||Games w/1+ Run||3 (23.1%)|
|2 (11.1%)||Games w/1+ HR||0 (0.0%)|
|6 (33.3%)||Games w/1+ RBI||1 (7.7%)|
Cardinals Pitching Rankings
- The pitching staff for the Cardinals has a collective 8.8 K/9, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- The Cardinals have a 4.28 team ERA that ranks 17th across all MLB pitching staffs.
- Cardinals pitchers combine to rank 13th in baseball in home runs surrendered (55 total, 1.1 per game).
- Matz makes the start for the Cardinals, his 10th of the season. He is 0-5 with a 5.05 ERA and 43 strikeouts in 46 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Saturday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when the left-hander threw 4 2/3 innings, surrendering no earned runs while giving up six hits.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 5.05, with 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in nine games this season. Opponents are batting .303 against him.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.