Reds vs. Cubs: Odds, spread, over/under - May 28
The Cincinnati Reds (23-29), who are going for the series sweep, will clash with the Chicago Cubs (22-29) on Sunday, May 28 at Wrigley Field, with Graham Ashcraft getting the ball for the Reds and Drew Smyly taking the mound for the Cubs. The first pitch will be thrown at 2:20 PM ET.
The Cubs are favored in this one, at -165, while the underdog Reds have +135 odds to win. Chicago is a 1.5-run favorite (at +125 odds). The matchup's over/under is set at 7.5 runs.
Reds vs. Cubs Time and TV Channel
- Date: Sunday, May 28, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Probable Pitchers: Smyly - CHC (5-1, 2.93 ERA) vs Ashcraft - CIN (2-3, 5.57 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Reds vs. Cubs Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Take a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup available at multiple sportsbooks.
|Cubs Moneyline||Reds Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-165||+140||Cubs (-1.5)||8||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-165||+135||Cubs (-1.5)||7.5||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-169||+140||Cubs (-1.5)||8||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-155||+135||Cubs (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
Have the desire to put money on the Reds' game against the Cubs but aren't sure where to begin? We're here to assist you. Betting on the moneyline, run line, and total are three of the most common ways to place bets. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- for example, the Reds (+135) -- will win the contest. Pretty simple. If you bet $10 on the Reds to beat the Cubs with those odds, and the Reds emerge with the victory, you'd get back $23.50.
There are tons of other ways to bet, including on player props (will Jonathan India hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from multiple games to multiply your winnings) and more. Check out the BetMGM website and app for more details on the multitude of ways you can play.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Explore More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Reds Player Props|
|Cubs vs Reds Pitching Matchup|
|Cubs vs Reds Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Reds|
Reds vs. Cubs Betting Trends and Insights
- The Cubs have won 12, or 46.2%, of the 26 games they've played as favorites this season.
- The Cubs have gone 3-4 (winning 42.9% of their games) when they have played as moneyline favorites of -165 or shorter.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 62.3% chance of a victory for Chicago.
- The Cubs have a 2-3 record from the five games they were favored on the moneyline over their last 10 matchups.
- In its last 10 outings, Chicago and its opponents combined to hit the over on the run total eight times (all 10 games had set totals).
- The Reds have been chosen as underdogs in 39 games this year and have walked away with the win 16 times (41%) in those games.
- This year, the Reds have won seven of 17 games when listed as at least +135 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Reds have played as underdogs in 10 of their past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, Cincinnati and its opponents are 7-3-0 in the last 10 games with a total.
Reds vs. Cubs Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Tyler Stephenson||0.5 (-208)||1.5 (+150)||0.5 (+650)||0.5 (+195)|
|Nick Senzel||0.5 (-208)||1.5 (+160)||0.5 (+700)||0.5 (+225)|
|Spencer Steer||0.5 (-200)||1.5 (+140)||0.5 (+525)||0.5 (+190)|
|Kevin Newman||0.5 (-189)||0.5 (-189)||0.5 (+875)||0.5 (+230)|
|Luke Maile||0.5 (-133)||0.5 (-133)||0.5 (+675)||0.5 (+240)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Reds, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Reds Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||NL Central Rank|
|Win World Series||+50000||25th||5th|
|Win NL Central||+8000||-||5th|
Think the Reds can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Cincinnati and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.