Reds vs. Mets Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 16
The Cincinnati Reds (77-72) will look for another strong showing from a batter on a roll versus the New York Mets (68-79) on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET, at Citi Field. Spencer Steer is on a two-game homer streak.
The Mets will look to Tylor Megill (8-7) versus the Reds and Andrew Abbott (8-5).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Reds vs. Mets Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: WPIX
- Location: Queens, New York
- Venue: Citi Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Megill - NYM (8-7, 5.03 ERA) vs Abbott - CIN (8-5, 3.64 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Mets vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Mets vs Reds|
|Mets vs Reds Odds|
|Mets vs Reds Prediction|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Andrew Abbott
- Abbott makes the start for the Reds, his 19th of the season. He is 8-5 with a 3.64 ERA and 107 strikeouts through 99 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander's last time out was on Friday, Sept. 8 against the St. Louis Cardinals, when he threw four innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.64, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings in 18 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .225 batting average against him.
- Abbott enters this outing with nine quality starts under his belt this year.
- Abbott will try to record his 14th matchup of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 5.5 innings per appearance.
- He has had five appearances this season in which he did not give up an earned run.
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tylor Megill
- The Mets' Megill (8-7) will make his 23rd start of the season.
- The right-hander did not allow a run in five innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Minnesota Twins.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in 22 games this season with an ERA of 5.03, a 1.7 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.640.
- He has started 22 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in four of them.
- Megill will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- He has finished two appearances without allowing an earned run in 22 chances this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.