Reds vs. Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 23
Noelvi Marte brings a 10-game hitting streak into the Cincinnati Reds' (79-76) game versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (73-81) at 6:40 PM ET on Saturday, at Great American Ball Park.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Reds will send Connor Phillips (1-0) to the mound, while Bailey Falter (2-9) will answer the bell for the Pirates.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Reds vs. Pirates Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSOH
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Venue: Great American Ball Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Phillips - CIN (1-0, 5.74 ERA) vs Falter - PIT (2-9, 4.58 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Reds vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Reds vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Reds vs Pirates|
|Reds vs Pirates Odds|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Connor Phillips
- Phillips (1-0) will take to the mound for the Reds and make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Monday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed three hits in seven innings against the Minnesota Twins.
- The 22-year-old has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 5.74, a 2.43 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.277.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Bailey Falter
- Falter (2-9 with a 4.58 ERA and 59 strikeouts in 78 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Pirates, his 14th of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday, the lefty threw one inning against the Chicago Cubs, allowing two earned runs while surrendering one hit.
- Over 17 games this season, the 26-year-old has a 4.58 ERA and 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .273 to his opponents.
- Falter is trying to collect his fourth quality start of the season in this matchup.
- Falter enters this matchup with seven outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- In two of his appearances this season he did not allow an earned run.
Bailey Falter vs. Reds
- The opposing Reds offense has a collective .247 batting average, and is 16th in the league with 1293 total hits and 12th in MLB play with 725 runs scored. They have the 17th-ranked slugging percentage (.410) and are 16th in all of MLB with 179 home runs.
- Head-to-head against the Reds this season, Falter has thrown 9 2/3 innings, giving up six earned runs on 12 hits while striking out six.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.