Reds vs. Cardinals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 29
The Cincinnati Reds (81-78) will look for Noelvi Marte to extend a 13-game hitting streak versus the St. Louis Cardinals (69-90) on Friday at 8:15 PM ET, at Busch Stadium.
The Reds will give the ball to Brandon Williamson (4-5, 4.46 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 5 on the season, and the Cardinals will counter with Jake Woodford (2-2, 5.09 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Reds vs. Cardinals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 29, 2023
- Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV: BSMW
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Venue: Busch Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Williamson - CIN (4-5, 4.46 ERA) vs Woodford - STL (2-2, 5.09 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Reds vs Cardinals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Reds vs Cardinals Player Props|
|Reds vs Cardinals Odds|
|Reds vs Cardinals Prediction|
|How to Watch Reds vs Cardinals|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Brandon Williamson
- The Reds will hand the ball to Williamson (4-5) for his 23rd start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in 4 1/3 innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in 22 games this season with a 4.46 ERA and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .249.
- He has earned a quality start six times in 22 starts this season.
- Williamson has made 14 starts of five or more innings in 22 chances this season, and averages 5 frames when he pitches.
- He has two appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 22 chances this season.
Brandon Williamson vs. Cardinals
- The Cardinals are batting .249 this season, 15th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .415 (13th in the league) with 207 home runs.
- The Cardinals have gone 4-for-17 with a home run and three RBI in 4 1/3 innings this season against the left-hander.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jake Woodford
- Woodford gets the start for the Cardinals, his eighth of the season. He is 2-2 with a 5.09 ERA and 29 strikeouts over 46 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday against the San Diego Padres, the righty tossed 3 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- In 14 games this season, the 26-year-old has an ERA of 5.09, with 5.7 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .301 against him.
- So far this season, Woodford has not recorded a quality start.
- Woodford heads into the game with three outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
- In five of his appearances this season he did not surrender an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.