CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The first few pieces of steel were installed Wednesday for Carol Ann's Carousel in Smale Riverfront Park.
The carousel, along with seven other new park features, will open next spring (2015) in time for Major League Baseball's All-Star Game to be held at Great American Ball Park-adjacent to Smale Riverfront Park.
The carousel will be located west of the Roebling Suspension Bridge on the north side of Mehring Way.
Other features scheduled to open in the spring include:
- The Heekin/PNC 'Grow Up Great' Adventure Playground
- The P&G ‘Go Vibrant' Playscape
- The Annie W. & Elizabeth M. Anderson Pavilion
- The Susan and Joe Pichler Fountains at Vine Street
- The Castellini Esplanade
- The Gardner Family Grove and Rose Garden