BETHEL, OH (FOX19) - A Clermont County home exploded and quickly became engulfed in fire Thursday night.
No one was hurt, but the residence in the 2600 block of Spring Street is a total loss. Neighboring homes also were damaged.
Bethel Fire Chief Rick Stowell said the explosion likely occurred due to a propane leak sparked by a furnace.
Crews responded just before 6 p.m., hours after the homeowner left about 1 p.m. She told fire officials she didn't smell gas at that time.
The displaced woman is staying with relatives.