Charges won't be filed against Aroldis Chapman for alleged domestic violence incident
FOX19 - Former Reds relief pitcher Aroldis Chapman will not face criminal charges in an alleged domestic violence incident with his girlfriend last October, according to Rafael Olmeda of the Sun-Sentinel.
Prosecutors in Broward County, Florida, decided not to file criminal charges against Chapman Thursday, Olmeda reports.
"We are all pleased that the Davie Police Department and the Office of the State Attorney took the time to fully investigate the matter and have concluded that charges were not warranted," Chapman's lawyer, Paul Molle, told Olmeda.
Chapman, a 27 left-hander, was accused of firing eight gunshots in the garage of his Miami-area home following an October argument with his girlfriend in which she told police he "choked" her and pushed her against a wall, according to police reports obtained by Yahoo Sports.
No arrests were made and no charges were filed due to conflicting reports on the incident, reports state.
His lawyer tells Yahoo Sports they deny the report.
After the allegations became public in December of last year, the Dodgers' trade for Chapman was put on hold. The Yankees acquired the All-Star from the Reds for a package that included four minor league prospects, approximately three weeks later.
Even though Chapman avoided charges, he's still may be subject to possible suspension by Major League Baseball under the terms of the new domestic violence policy adopted last August.
Copyright 2016 WXIX. All rights reserved.